Join The Team
Mortgage Adviser (Self-Employed)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Mortgage Adviser looking to establish themselves independently. This position would suit those currently working for other firms, former mortgage advisers looking to come back into the industry, or mortgage advisers currently working in banks or estate agencies looking for greater support and a more competitive commission structure.
We are a dynamic and forward-thinking business with ambitious plans to expand. We offer advisers competitive commission splits reflective of the market and a platform to succeed in the Mortgage industry. You will have the opportunity to work remotely from home and will have the flexibility to control your own diary and working day.
- Giving independent advice and making recommendations on mortgages and insurances products from the whole of the market.
- Understand the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulatory requirements and ensure your actions always meet these
- Ensure that all advice is given on the basis of a full and detailed fact find, maintaining accurate and relevant customer records, and respecting confidentiality at all times
- Be the customer’s primary contact throughout the mortgage application process up to the point of mortgage completion
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of new mortgage products and changes in mortgage regulation through course attendance, reading of financial journals, and further training where relevant
- You are expected to network to build up your own client bank
- Competitive commission splits. Achievable/realistic first year expected earnings £30-60K per annum
- Independence and the opportunity to run your own business
- Industry leading CRM Software – outstanding back office administration system, diary management and document keeping software with electronic storage and archiving of client files with integrated mortgage sourcing
- Professional Indemnity Insurance and Data Protection Licence
- Full training, ongoing compliance, mentoring, competence and supervision support
- Admin support and electronic conveyancing
- Effective questioning ability, discretion, and trustworthiness
- Great listening and communication skills with the ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Strong mathematical and IT literacy
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy, with excellent attention to detail while juggling a busy workload
- Strong commitment to customer service excellence
- Driven and determined with the ability to work independently and proactively solve problems as they arise
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, with the ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals
- Able to develop strong working relationships with colleagues and third-party product providers
Other Requirements and Qualifications
- Ambitious and driven to grow your own business
- Full CeMAP or equivalent FCA-approved qualification
- A good credit history is essential, you must also be free from any regulatory breaches
- This is a self-employed role, which can be office or home based, no geographical restrictions
- Produce a clean credit check and
- Preferably experience within a mortgage advice role advising on owner-occupier, buy-to-let, and commercial mortgages. No upheld complaints within the last two years
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE REQUIRED CeMAP OR EQUIVALENT QUALIFICATION OR IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN EMPLOYED ROLE.
Apply by sending your email and CV to Mossy Sowlat, email@example.com.
Please fill out the information below and we will get back to you.
You will always have the right to change your mind and ask us to stop contacting you for marketing purposes at any time - to Opt Out. Opting Out means that we will remove Your Personal Data from our marketing database.